Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Wondering about Wikileaks

I believe that the public should know everything that the government is doing. I believe this because since we have the right to chose who we want in the government we should be told everything that the government does and have a say in it. I think that we will not have an effective government without complete transparency. I thinks this because the things that are going on now that we are being told are going to tear the country apart.
I would release it because the public needs to know what the government is doing and have a say in what they are doing wrong and voice their opinion on whether or not its wrong to do. I would justify my actions by saying the the public needs to know what is going on in the government, they are ones who chose who they wanted in government so they should know what the government is doing and say their opinions on whether or not they think is is right and what needs to change.
If I had information that I thought the public should know, I would send it to Wikileaks because I know that it would get to the public, rather than have Openleaks take a look at it and if they liked it they would send it to the news entities and probably wouldn't get publish and if they didn't like it they wouldn't send it to the news entities.
The news article that I found talks about Julian Assange and how the government is treating him in court. My opinion is that he shouldn't be in jail and that the only reason that hes in jail is because the government doesn't want the public to know what they are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment