Thursday, May 14, 2009

Review of a Persuasive Essay

For Love or Money is the name of the article that I chose to do a review on. I found it on teenink.com. The author of this article is Anna H., Buckeye. The main paragraph makes it very clear what the main idea of the essay is. The thesis is that to many people are having vitro fertilization, not having the money to support the family that they create, and getting the government to pay for everything. The main paragraph caught my attention because I really agree with this person and I have thought about the main idea as well. There are 7 paragraphs in this essay. All the paragraphs have something to do with the main idea. The writer uses information and other sources to back up her idea. "The ­Gosselins, parents of a set of twins and sextuplets, became stars of TLC’s hit show “Jon & Kate Plus 8.”" The writer did not use other sides of the argument. The writer has convinced me of her idea. She could of used one more example. The counter argument that I would use is what if these families really liked of having big families there is nothing wrong with that. I think that the last paragraph was really effective because it ends thing nicely and it ties in with the intro. I didn't find any grammar or spelling mistakes in the essay. I really liked this article because it puts that problem out there for other people to read and get informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment