Tuesday, May 12, 2009

300

300 was a decent movie. Some things that I didn’t like about the movie was the fact that the blood was really fake. Some things that I knew was historically inaccurate was that only 300 Spartans stood against the Persians when there was really 1000 others that stood and fought by the Spartans in what we call The Last Stand. Some things that I wondered was did the Persians really use Rhinos and Elephants in battle and if they used bombs.

In the documentary “The Last Stand of the 300”, it talked about how the Spartan government agreed to only send 300 of their best soldiers to help Athens. In the movie it says that the government was totally against it.

In the documentary it also talks about how the Persian’s arrows “will block out the sun” and the Spartan General says “Then we will fight in the shade”. I believe this because the Persians had so many archers that the arrows really did “block out the sun”.

King Xerxes in the movie tried to get King Leonidas to join his side. By doing this King Leonidas would not suffer from lost men and he and his kingdom will be saved. King Leonidas wouldn’t accept. In the documentary it doesn’t mention anything connected to this.

My overall opinion of the movie 300 was that it was a decent movie. The documentary was boring and I found that it re-told all the things that I already knew about the event. I think that I will watch historical movies with a more critical eye because I realized that most of those movies add their own things to it to make it better. I think that this is wrong because you should not tell a historical event the way you wanted it to be so that you get more ratings.

No comments:

Post a Comment