Monday, April 6, 2009

Three grammar writing exercises.

1- The team won (its) (it's) game. Did you win (yours) (your's), (to)(too) (two)?
The team won its game. Did you win yours, too?

2- They left (their) (there) books (there) (their) (they're).
They left their books there.

3- I hear (your) (you're) about to graduate.
I hear you're about to graduate.

4- (Its) (It's) nice that (there) (their) (they're) friendly.
Its nice that they're friendly.

5- Although I get (alot) (a lot) of colds, I feel (all right)(alright)now.
Although I get a lot of colds, I feel alright now.

6- (Whose) (Who's) prettier (then) (than) you?
Who's prettier than you?

7- Are you tired? I'm out of (breathe) (breath), (too) (to) (two).
Are you tired? I'm out of breath, too.

8- Run back and (fourth) (forth) from (hear) (here) to (their) (there).
Run back and forth from here to there.

9- (Your) (You're) about to (loose) (lose) (your) (you're) book.
You're about to lose your book.

10- Everyone will (accept) (except) the prize (accept) (except) you.
Everyone will accept the prize except you.

11- Do you know (weather) (whether) or not he will give me the prize.
Do you know whether or not he will give me the prize.

12- Many people (choose) (chose) to live in large cities.
Many people choose to live in large cities.

13- Is the doctor (through) (thorough) (threw) with my exam?
Is the doctor through with my exam?

14- What (affect) (effect) does the school (principle)(principal) have on you?
What affect does the school principal have on you?

15- What did he (advice) (advise) you to do? Did you take his (advice)(advise)?
What did he advise you to do? Did you take his advice?

16- (There) (Their) (They're) are (alot) (a lot) of (your) (you're) friends in the boat.
There are a lot of your friends in the boat.

17- I will (buy) (by) a book (buy) (by) Ray Bradbury.
I will buy a book by Ray Bradbury.

No comments:

Post a Comment